Welcome to Telemedicine with your Practice Provider
Your connection to your York Hospital provider.
Compassionate, professional care, provided to you safely at home.
York Hospital Provider Practices are able to offer secure online telemedicine visits so that you can be treated, consulted and advised by your provider while staying safe and comfortable at home. From any device with internet access, you can see your provider for your scheduled visit on a secure, password-protected portal.
To get started, you will need to call your provider to schedule your appointment. Your provider’s Patient Service Representative will provide instructions on next steps and accessing your Telemedicine Visit at your scheduled time.
If you need help accessing Telemedicine or your Practice Patient Portal, please call (207) 361-6902 and we will be happy to assist you.
Dr. Nathan Jean, of Kittery Family Practice, explains the ease and benefits he has found while using telemedicine to treat his patients:
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS A TELEVISIT?
A TeleVisit is a virtual visit with a primary care provider or specialist at York Hospital. The visit will take place using your computer or smartphone. You and your provider will be able to see each other through video and communicate using audio on your device. Your provider can still order any necessary lab and radiology testing and can prescribe medications if needed.
How do i get setup?
The first step is to call and schedule it with your provider. Before beginning your Telemedicine Visit, make sure that you:
- Have an active Patient Portal account, with username and password
- Set aside a secure, private location
- “Arrive early” by logging in to your Patient Portal. If you can’t access the Portal, you can also begin your appointment through the reminder link sent to your email.
- Click “Join TeleVisit” in your patient dashboard (or email reminder).
- Fill out any patient questionnaire, and provide requested personal information.
- Click “Proceed” to check your computer’s speed and ability to support a Telemedicine Visit. If your computer does not have a webcam (most do), you will need to attach one.
- Click “Start TeleVisit” to enter the virtual waiting room.
- Your physician will begin the face-to-face Telemedicine Visit, and disconnect when the visit ends
Click here for the Step by Step Startup Guide for Smartphones.
A Step by Step Startup guide for desktops and iPads is coming soon.
HOW DO I SCHEDULE A TELEVISIT?
TeleVisits can be scheduled by your provider’s office staff in the same way that you would make an in-office appointment.
WHERE WILL THE PROVIDER BE DURING THE TELEVISIT?
Your provider will be able to join the visit from their office at the practice or occasionally they may join the visit from their home office. Just like you, they are able to connect with you wherever they have a video/audio connection. All of our providers will have a secure HIPAA compliant connection to your health record during the TeleVisit.
WHERE WILL I BE DURING THE TELEVISIT?
Because the visit is virtual, you can be anywhere! As long as you have an internet or wifi connection with video/audio on your computer or smartphone, you will be able to connect with your provider. You are able to connect virtually without leaving your home!
WHAT IS THE AVAILABILITY OF TELEVISITS?
We are currently scheduling TeleVisits with your primary care or specialty providers during our regular office hours.
IS THERE A COST TO HAVE A TELEVISIT?
Yes, we will bill your insurance company just as we would if you came into the office for your visit.